- Registering youth groups and youth-focused community-based organizations:
- Promoting and popularizing official national youth policy, and facilitating the periodic review of said policy;
- Mobilizing resources to support and fund youth programs and initiatives;
- Lobbying for legislation on issues affecting youth;
- Liaising with other organizations to ensure youth have access to resources and services appropriate to their needs;
- Inspiring and promoting "the spirit of unity, patriotism, volunteerism and service among the youth";
- "[Acting] as a voice and bridge to ensure that the government and other policy makers are kept informed of the views and other aspirations of the youth";
- Promoting research on youth issues.
For a critique of the bill, see this blog post.